This past Sunday I had a Quiche & Coffee gathering with a few of my closest friends who are supporting my new business with Mary & Martha! I made this quick quiche for them and they loved it! I thought I’d share it with all of you. Check out the link if you’re interested in M&M’s adorable tea cups & towels!
Bacon, Cheddar & Onion Quiche
1 pre-made flaky pie crust
1/4 pound thickly sliced bacon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced small
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup crème fraîche
1-1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1. Pull out pastry dough 30 minutes prior to making.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, drain, and coarsely chop.
4. Wipe skillet and heat vegetable oil until hot. Add the diced onion, salt and pepper. Cover & cook at a low heat until it starts to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
3. Ease the pastry into an 11-inch tart pan or a glass bottom pie dish. Trim or crimp edges as desired, then place in refrigerator.
4. Whisk eggs, milk, creme fraiche, chopped dill, 1 tsp of salt & 1/4 tsp of pepper in medium bowl.
5. Layer bottom of pie with cheese, then caramelized onion, followed by bacon. Pour the custard on top. Layer with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the custard is set. Transfer to wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
Serve this with fresh fruit or a light salad, such as watercress, evoo, and lemon juice. Enjoy!